Skip to main content

we aren't going fast enough to die



Mike upgraded his motorcycle this summer.  He finally got the "bike of his dreams".  It's a 2018 Harley Davidson 115th Anniversary Street Glide.  

We've been doing a lot of day trips.  We pack a little snack, some water and we hit the road.  I think we put on 1000 km the first week he had the bike.

We started doing a Manitoba motorcycle scavenger hunt type thingy where you travel to towns and take a photo by a certain monument or sign.  It's a really neat way to learn some Manitoba history.

On August 20th, we made a tour through Manitou, Darlingford and Morden.  There was a church monument down 240 south that we needed to find.  When we got to the intersection, I noticed it was gravel.  Mike went down the road anyway, saying it wasn't too far.  It was 4 miles down a y winding loose gravel road.  I have since named it "240 south... the gravel road of death".  

We met a few trucks on the way and I am sure they thought we were nuts.  Hell.... we WERE nuts.   When we got to the church marker, I told Mike to NEVER EVER take me down a gravel road on the motorcycle again!

When we got home, I told Mike that I truly thought we were going to die on that gravel road.  His reply... "We weren't going fast enough to die". 😠

Comments